Thursday 21 January 2016

How To Recover From Vacation Weight Gain

How can you recover from vacation weight gain?



If you have gone on vacation lately, you may realize that it isn’t necessarily hard to eat clean.  The again, you’re on vacation, so that means your diet and fitness are on vacation also!  It becomes very easy to indulge in a “vacation binge fest” where you eat and drink everything that looks appealing.

What isn’t AS easy is recovering from that vacation binge and losing the extra vacation weight gain baggage!

Throughout this post I will tell you about my experience during my last vacation binge and what I am doing to get back on track.

Vacation Fitness?

Thoughts that go through your head early in your vacation:

  • I’m on vacation, I need to let myself relax…  Even with my diet.

  • Damn that Key Lime Pie sure looks good!

  • French fries?  YES!  Double!

  • Beer, margarita, rum punch?  YES!  Line them up!

Thoughts that go through your head towards the end of your vacation:

  • Holy crap, why did I eat all of that?

  • Good lord that’s a big Margarita!

  • Dang, I feel like a bloated, fat cow…

  • Did I just completely ruin my diet?

  • How long will I need to exercise when I get home to recover?

Well let me say, I just got back from a fantastic (and much needed) vacation with my wife, Paige.  We went from Indiana and traveled down to the Miami area and the Keys.  It was an awesome vacation for us and best of all the majority of our travel and hotel stays were paid for by my loyalty points!  That left us with a lot of money to eat and drink everything we wanted.  (Maybe too much…)

The vacation binge fest

While we were on vacation, we went down near the Florida Keys.  Now, when you are in the Keys, it is almost criminal to not have some of the delicious Florida Key Lime Pie.  Let me emphasize the word DELICIOUS…  


Here is a brief list of my binge-fest foods I had:

  • Key Lime Pie in Ft. Lauderdale at Coconuts and in Key Largo at Mrs. Macs Kitchen

  • Key Lime Freeze at Mrs. Macs in Key Largo (like a key lime pie was blended and put in some glorious milk shake, slushy thing!)

  • Mustang Sally Burger at the Burger and Beer Joint in Miami


  • 36oz, $30 (don’t get me started, there was no price on the menu) “Bulldog Margarita” at The Place in South Beach

  • Room Service Pizza and Fish Tacos at The Hilton Bentley South Beach

  • Grouper Sandwich at Shooters Cafe on the Intracoastal in Ft. Lauderdale

  • Lots of Oysters

  • A cuban platter in Little Havana

  • Blue Crab at Pinchers in Naples

I’m sure there were more, but I think you get the point…  Cheat meal?  No, no, no…  How about CHEAT WEEK!  Let me at least say, I did lift weights a few times at the hotel fitness centers and some were awesome with huge weight rooms which had lots of free weights and quality equipment…

Remember, I am a believer in cheat meals and cheat days. Let me know if you found this helpful? Comment any other tips you've found helpful to drop those vacation kilos.




Source

No comments:

Post a Comment