Sunday 8 November 2015

Change one habit to lose weight

Shedding extra kilos can be as easy as cutting out one habitual indulgence.


'We changed one habit and lost weight' - four people and their journey to weight loss.


"I cut out soft drink " - Cherillyn Baya, Vic

"My hours increased at work and suddenly I no longer had the time to prepare healthy meals and exercise. I began eating whatever was easy to make and put on five kilograms.
"I decided to cut out the soft drink that I had made a habit of drinking at night. I felt lighter within days - without any exercise.
"This inspired me to find other ways to improve my diet, so I went online to do some research.
"I have fructose intolerance, so I had to be sure that my diet catered to my dietary requirements as well as helping me to lose the weight quickly.
"I discovered the New York diet and, while the entire diet wouldn't have given me what I needed, I took some of the information from the plan and applied it to my diet.
"I learned that by reducing my carbohydrate and high-starch foods intake, as well as ditching the nightly can, I would have less energy to burn and would burn fat instead.
"I also started exercising, alternating between four- and five-kilometre brisk walks, abdominal work once a week and I'd try to get a resistance session in when I could, too.
"I can't imagine drinking a can a night anymore. I feel so much better without it."
Stats
  • Age: 32   
  • Height: 158cm   
  • Was: 57km
  • Now: 52kg
  • Weight lost: 5kg in three weeks
"I cut out soft drink " -  Cherillyn Baya, Vic


"I decided to ditch the chocolate" - Jasmin Montgomery, QLD

"After settling into the habit of eating up to two blocks of chocolate a week, I started to notice my clothes were becoming tighter.
"I didn't like the thought of getting to the point where I was avoiding being in a bikini and not being able to enjoy myself like I used to, so I decided to make a change.
"Rather then put myself on a strict diet, I decided to ditch the chocolate. Before long I started feeling healthier and more energized and was inspired to start getting active, too, so I took up dancing a few nights a week.
"I started doing one jazz class and one hip-hop class a week - and absolutely loved it!
"Within a few weeks people started to comment on how great I was looking - and it was a really great feeling.
"I didn't crave the chocolate because I remembered what it was like to feel unhealthy and lethargic. I didn't want to obsess over my diet, but I made other small changes, like choosing salads instead of burgers when eating out.
"I've lost eight kilograms and don't have any inhibitions about going to the beach. I'm not swearing off sweets forever, but I prefer my diet today. I'm happy, healthy and confident again."
Stats
  • Age: 32
  • Height: 170cm
  • Was: 76kg
  • Now: 68kg
  • Weight lost: 8kg in six weeks
 "I decided to ditch the chocolate" - Jasmin Montgomery, QLD


"I put a stop to the boozing" - Michael Jarosky, NSW

"I have always loved to drink and have a laugh with mates at a bar - but after staring at myself in the mirror on a birthday approaching my late 30s, I knew I had to make a change.
"Cutting out the drunken nights meant cutting out more than the beer kilojoules; it meant there wouldn't be the over-sized meals in the early hours of the morning, either.
"It wasn't easy at first, but within a few days I began to wake up in the morning with a newfound vigour.
"Once I got over the mental hurdle of not drinking and my mates' pressure to be the good-times guy, I began eating more healthily because I wasn't craving the greasy cure.
"The weight didn't fall off right away, but within 40 days I had lost 13 kilograms. "I increased my intensity in the gym and did a combination of weights, cardio and core work, weekly.
"Inspired by the changes in my body, I studied to become a qualified personal trainer and am now helping people make the changes I made.
"I still enjoy an occasional cheeky night out, but I know now what it takes the next day to work it off - and I do."
Stats
  • Age: 37
  • Height: 180cm
  • Was: 90kg
  • Now: 77kg
  • Weight lost: 13kg in 40 days
"I put a stop to the boozing" - Michael Jarosky, NSW


"I cut out all white foods" - Michelle Kliener, vic

"I had always been a size eight, so after I became pregnant with my second child and piled on the extra kilos, I felt miserable.
"I had always eaten pretty well, but life is so busy after you have children that you often forget about taking care of yourself and your needs.
"The last thing I wanted was to let myself go and fall into the downward spiral of weight gain.
"I decided to cut out all white sugar, white flour, pasta and white rice for six months.
"At first it was difficult - I didn't even realise I consumed so many refined foods - but the body adjusts and before long I was feeling less bloated.
"As soon as I could after the birth of my child, I hit the gym three times a week and focused on weight-bearing exercises combined with cardio.
"Although I started to feel the changes in my body right away, the weight was falling off at a slower rate, but in a healthy, balanced way. After six months I lost 10 kilograms.
"Not only do I look the way I did before I had my second baby, but I feel fit, fresh and ready to take on every day.
"I am now a qualified nutritionist and love being able to help others learn about food and their body, like I did."
Stats
  • Age: 39
  • Height: 163cm
  • Was: 63kg
  • Now: 53kg
  • Weight loss: 10kg in six months
 "I cut out all white foods" - Michelle Kliener, vic




Source

9 comments:

  1. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.
    customerhealthguide.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love reading this article so beautiful!!great job!
    expertratedreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here!
    www.dietsinreview.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm willing to break a habit just to lose weight. Being fat ever since kills my confidence,it pushes me to undergo vaser liposuction singapore but it is too expensive. Will try your tips, and let's see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://www.simplyherbal.in/pure-green-coffee-beans

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, What a Great Site, All of the Health Related Posts Are So Informative for People Under Review. I Liked It! I Also Have a Blog/site About That Covers Simple Herbal Related Stuff. Get Fast Way to Burn Fat Garcinia Cambogia India All People Want to Lose Weight Quickly but How? Green Coffee Beans Is Best Way Plz Free to Visit. Thanks for Sharing.

    Green Tea Price

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Wow all the posts are very informative for the people who visit this site. Good work! We also have a Blog/site by name Simply herbal which covers Health related products. Please feel free to visit our site. Thank you for sharing.
    Green Coffee Price

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, What a Great Site, All of the Health Related Posts Are So Informative for People Under Review. I Liked It! I Also Have a Blog/site About That Covers Simple Herbal Related Stuff. Get Fast Way to Burn Fat Use Garcinia Cambogia All People Want to Lose Weight Quickly but How? Green Coffee Is Best Way Plz Free to Visit...Green Tea Price Thanks for Sharing.

    Green Tea Capsules, Green Coffee Capsules, Garcinia Cambogia Capsules
    Green Coffee Beans
    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete