Tuesday 7 July 2015

Cranberry Almond Loaf - Gluten Free

I am thrilled to let you all know that I am working with the Almond Board of California to promote healthy and delicious eating.
Why am I doing this?  As you can imagine, I love almonds.  They are a superfood and of course one of my favorite things to nibble on.  I like almonds so much that I wrote an entire book about them.  The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook uses almonds in all of its recipes and is a wonderful symbol of my love for that most nutritious of all nuts.
In my work with the Almond Board, I have written 4 recipes just for them (and you all, of course).  Here is the first one for a Cranberry Almond Loaf.
cranberry almond loaf gluten free bread
Photo courtesy of Almond Board of California
Cranberry Almond Loaf
Serves: 1 loaf
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, blend almond butter, olive oil and eggs with a hand blender until smooth
  2. In a medium bowl, combine arrowroot powder, salt and baking soda
  3. Blend arrowroot mixture into wet ingredients until thoroughly combined
  4. Fold in apricots, cranberries, seeds and sliced almonds
  5. Grease a 7.5 x 3.5 magic line loaf pan with olive oil and dust with almond flour
  6. Transfer batter into loaf pan and sprinkle remaining sliced almonds on top
  7. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes until a knife inserted into center comes out clean
  8. Let bread cool in pan for 1 hour, then serve
Slice this Cranberry Almond Loaf and enjoy it as a jazzed up base for your Turkey Club Sandwich. Or toast it and dip in olive oil for a delicious breakfast or after dinner treat.  Personally, I like mine toasted and smothered in goat cheese.


Source
http://elanaspantry.com/cranberry-almond-loaf/

No comments:

Post a Comment